View Single Post
Old 13 January 2020, 08:33 AM   #14
Prospector
Banned

Off-Road--
Thanks for your input regarding the so-called Rebburg movement (which was actually manufactured by Aegler). Rolex did use these in a 15-jewel officer's version of the trench watch and there was also a 7-jewel movement that was a step-down in price and presumably purchased by manufacturers for various military contracts leading up to and during WWI. I've had some time to study the trench watches made by Rolex, Omega, Zodiac, etc., and have been able to answer a number of the above questions which I posed in my opening post--which I aimed to focus specifically on the technical elements, rather than authenticity of the watch.
Your thoughts relative to the authenticity of this timepiece, while appreciated, are curious.... This watch has spent its life since 1945 in a drawer, or in a safe, and it is not for sale. I just can't fathom why a Nazi soldier would want to alter the piece to make it "look" like a Rolex some 70+ years ago, when showing off a Rolex hadn't become fashionable. If you take another look at the original strap, please observe closely the darkened areas inside and along the edge of the leather--that's dried, old, Nazi blood....