View Single Post
Old 16 December 2019, 11:39 AM   #1
axnjackson
"TRF" Member

A year in with the 214270 MKII

The watch is simply part of my arm now. I hardly notice it on there much anymore but when I do, I still take pause and give it good looking over. It's still quite the beauty.
The outer side of the bracelet has some minimal scratching and whatnot while the case has a couple flea bites and hairlines due to normal stuff. My right arm is good at sniffing out door handles and corners of metal tables. Not sure what super power that is and what it's good for but I have it in spades. I don't baby the watch but I do take it off for mountain and road bike rides but that's because I think it looks ridiculous to be wearing a watch in those situations. Other than that, it's on wrist all the time. Heck, I forget to take it off most times at night. I will also mention that swims with me and is present for every day-to-day activity I'm involved in. I'm not a lumberjack or jackhammer operator but I'm not laying on the couch or sleeping behind a desk either.....well, sometimes the former.
Only one person has noticed it so far-a fellow Rolex wearer at work. She noticed from pretty far off too as most watch nuts are prone to do. We both wear our Rolexes while wearing scrubs because frankly, they look good with anything. She wears a 34mm vintage Air-King with a white dial.
It is by far the most comfortable watch I've worn. Even though the bracelet is made of cold, hard steel it somehow feels silky on the wrist. it centers perfectly and the weight is just enough to have a presence. I've thought about trying it on a strap but nah, not worth the effort as it looks and feels great the way it is.
As I mentioned above, the dial is still mesmerizing. I stare at it in traffic or slow times at work. It's legibility and simplicity is what makes it sublime.
It has settled in at about plus 2 to 3 seconds a day which is perfectly fine by me.

Previous review: The watch is simply part of my arm now. I hardly notice it on there much anymore but when I do, I still take pause and give it good looking over. It's still quite the beauty.
The outer side of the bracelet has some minimal scratching and whatnot while the case has a couple flea bites and hairlines due to normal stuff. My right arm is good at sniffing out door handles and corners of metal tables. Not sure what super power that is and what it's good for but I have it in spades. I don't baby the watch but I do take it off for mountain and road bike rides but that's because I think it looks ridiculous to be wearing a watch in those situations. Other than that, it's on wrist all the time.
It is by far the most comfortable watch I've worn. Even though the bracelet is made of cold, hard steel it somehow feels silky on the wrist. it centers perfectly on the wrist and the weight is just enough to have a presence. I've thought about trying it on a strap but nah, not worth the effort as it looks and feels great the way it is.
As I mentioned above, the dial is still mesmerizing. I stare at it in traffic or slow times at work.
It has settled in at about plus 2 to 3 seconds a day which is perfectly fine by me.

If your on the fence about getting one, get off the fence because it's creasing your butt. Go grab one as you will be happy you did.

Previous review:https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=714037
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0972 2.jpg (210.9 KB, 1795 views)

Last edited by axnjackson; 16 December 2019 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: forgot link
axnjackson is offline   Reply With Quote