View Single Post
Old 1 September 2018, 01:38 AM   #67
David5807
"TRF" Member

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwmitch View Post
I'm seeking your sage advise oh wise Rolex Forum. I want to build a 3-watch collection over the next 5-10 years. I have my first of the three with a Hulk Sub.

For the remaining two watches, I'm shooting for a budget of 30k. I want to be deliberate. I love the whole SEAL-based strategy, but I'm not sure that really actually fills my "first world needs". Speaking of, here are my desirements for a watch collection:

1. The more formal situations. Mr. Hulk is fine, but I'd prefer something a bit more refined. I actually really love the new Everose Datejust 36, but I'm really naive in this genre. Any good "affordable" PP to consider?

2. A GMT of some sort. I'm partial to Rolex and actually really like the new "Root Beer". However, what else is out there that I should consider?

I used to be in love with the Daytona, but I've sort of lost interest in the chrono type watches as these are complications I would probably never use.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
My 3 piece collection actually falls in line with your budget and offers brand, complication and, color variety. I think mixing things up is an important rule to follow while putting together a small collection.

[IMG][/IMG]
David5807 is offline   Reply With Quote