View Single Post
Old 11 August 2015, 03:50 AM   #25
NicheRotors
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDOC View Post
whoa!... John... what the hell is that?!? it is the greatest thing I have ever seen!.. looks like the museum collection cosmic, but with white dial instead of Blue. How is that possible?... no way it could be an original cosmic....could it?

I have always loved the X2... I still wear mine proudly!

Thank you for your kinds words.

At the end of summer last year we found ourselves in Venice for a few hours. I like the convenience of shopping in Venice - the orange leather shop is right next door to Omega!

This variation on the Cosmic was nestled in a display cabinet at the back of the shop amongst their Museum collection and it stood out for being different.

I don't have many details - it is not the Museum Cosmic though and I've not seen it in any cataloque. The paperwork suggests a reference number of 5756.30.01. It came with a black strap that I had changed to the Cosmic blue when I retuned home. I probably have lost something in translation (so a bit weary of sharing) but was given the impression that 'such variations are sometimes made in limited numbers for certain markets - Italy being one of 'those' markets.'

I felt lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

If you've ever seen the head on a pint of Guiness shimmer in bright sunlight as it settles you won't be far off. It really does look 'wet' but my camera phone doesn't do it justice. I like how 'complicated' it is although do find myself misled by the large size of the date hand.

It's a discreet size and very comfortable with a French cuff.
NicheRotors is offline   Reply With Quote