View Single Post
Old 14 May 2018, 06:36 PM   #35
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goog53 View Post
Russell if you are so sensitive please go hang out on PURISTPRO where everyone pats each other on the back. LOL! These are real concerns with buyers and a good topic IMO.
Disclaimer: I like Russell and think he adds great value to the forum
Mike, there is no sensitivity on my behalf. I am as interested as anyone in value retention and on making the best choices with my hard earned money. However, if every thread distills down to only being a value discussion we miss out on the reason we all have this passion - the pieces themselves. This thread, as defined in the title was to simply express the enjoyment of an amazing Patek piece in pictures. No more, no less. Now I realise threads grow and take on arms and legs so the discussion will always develop but it would be nice for once to not get straight down to the pounds, shillings and pence.
I note you have said the piece is not for you and is too large - understood. But you then ask a leading question and ask if the price is at a reasonable price point and if the piece will need to be discounted to sell - I can say hand on heart I wish it was less expensive (as to is it a reasonable price point then I would say yes) and can confirm that I will not get a discount. You say your not trolling and I'm sure your not - you do however already have a beautiful Salmon dialled limited Patek piece and ....

Disclaimer: I like you too Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
Sorry for hijacking your thread.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote