View Single Post
Old 27 December 2007, 01:41 PM   #107
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Oh, my yes. Babies were the last thing on my mind at age 30. You are smart to buy Rolexes instead!

And you know, it's not a crime not to have kids. I had planned NOT to, but husband and I agreed to leave the option open if we ever felt differently. Over the years, as we lost all of our grandparents and some other relatives and friends, we started to re-evaluate our lives and what we wanted out of it. My kid is still standing here burping into my ear so I can't concentrate well, but perhaps my gist comes across. Cycle of life and all...
You're right...but somehow it's still not 'PC' to say to people 'I'm not sure I want to have kids'. My husband knows I've always felt this way and he just wants me to keep an open mind. Says the same thing about 'cycle of life' and I know it makes sense. We're both really close to our parents and he often says 'Karis, wouldn't you want to have that kind of relationship with a child of your own?"....well, yeah, but nothing is guaranteed. Don't mean to get too heavy here....Anyway, he's starting his own business and currently working full-time, as am I, so we're busy enough for now.

I have an older sister who is 34 and has been married for almost 7 years. I'm pretty sure she won't have kids. She has a great life...works with her husband, travels a lot, etc...my poor parents! Ha! They totally 'get it' though and have never put pressure on us. I do think that my in-laws are 'waiting' and would think it strange if they knew I wasn't sure. They're of the 'old school'...and we don't discuss kids with them. No need to go there! LOL!
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote