View Single Post
Old 14 February 2018, 08:51 PM   #42
DLRIDES
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeTee View Post
All watches are available.

Yes it’s true! 5711, 15202, DaytonaC, etc.
You can get any one of them!

But wait, not at retail? What do you mean the Patek salon doesn’t have a 5711 to sell you for 24k? The grey market is asking 40k? Let’s all grab our pitchforks and head down to Geneva!

Yes, there are people who get them for retail now. Many of them are guys who drop 250k a year though at full MSRP and no complaints. Why do they get them 1st? Well it’s becasue they keep them in business and bring other great clientele.

So you have to pay about 20k for a DaytonaC? You do understand that the grey market dealers are paying just about that too? One of our trusted sellers told me he sold a new white 116500 to another dealer for 20k. What’s the problem?

I think that lots of “vocal” people are mad they can’t get in demand watches, yet many are not in demand customers. There are truly people out there, including some on this forum that like to throw a tantrum online when they can’t get something for MSRP and make instant money (sell or keep). Where were these same people when these watches were readily available few years ago, even at discount?

Regardless of the economy, the premier watchmakers are here to stay and so will their tactics to control their brands.All of them have adapted to pushing expensive items as a lure to sell you the hot SS. On the plus side, since the market is tighter controlled, value in the Pre-Owned market place has skyrocketed.

There is a serious shift in wealth the past few years, and there are a serious amount of people with $$$ who don’t care about discounts etc. There is a wave of new customers who are spending more in a year than their traditional clients did in a lifetime. Because of this, prices change. It will be like this unless we get a UFO attack and aliens are eating people in the streets

Sorry for adding another rant on TRF guys..... I’m just tired of the crying

Couldn’t agree more !

Those individuals who have unlimited resources to spend at an AD, without any regard for price are the only ones worthy of such timepieces. Hopefully these tactics will eliminate the low-life scumbag hard working individuals who have desires to own such.