View Single Post
Old 4 February 2018, 12:30 AM   #44
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaswirl View Post
Not trying to discredit you, but your initial premise. You came out rather hot in your initial post and implied that those who were recommending the Daytona were simply buying into the hype, whereas you were above it. Both are fine watches that anyone would be lucky to own. I do, however, constantly see threads where members try to exult their favorite by degrading others, ie, watch box dweller, diminutive,etc. Wouldn’t it have been just as easy, and far less inflammatory, to say that I own both and prefer the SD for because x, y and z?
It sits in the watch box; it appears small on the wrist, it doesn't draw my or others eyes unless they're a WIS. If that is less inflammatory then use those words. I thought the earlier was more concise. As I own both the 5C and Sky there's little advantage for me to attack one and build up the other, other than to add a bit of unbiased comment to the discussion. One stands out and the other wears "comfortably" small. Sorry if you found my comments inflammatory.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote