View Single Post
Old 28 June 2017, 02:21 PM   #11
Mach
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO
When I first saw the Trilogy collection photos during Baselworld 2017, I was blown away. It was a tough choice between the Speedmaster and the Seamaster 300. But, after a night of sleeping on it, I decided to go for the Speedmaster. I couldn't believe that Omega didn't try to "modernize" it and make it 42 - 44mm. Since I have scrawny wrists, I was shocked that it was 38.6mm.

The following morning, I immediately started calling AD’s. I soon discovered that it didn’t matter if I had established relationships with ADs. Some of their deposit requirements were just simply unreasonable, at least IMHO! I almost gave up on my pursuit. Fortunately, after multiple attempts, I was able to identify one right in my backyard that was reasonable with the deposit requirements and willing to work with me. Sometimes, you have to establish new relationships.

This is also my first limited edition timepiece. I’m not really of fan of the LE practice. Don’t get wrong, I understand why Omega and its peers do this. But, I don’t care if the watch is 1 of 1 or 1 of a million. My only concern is that I like it and it makes me tick. I even told the AD that I did not have a preference for a specific number. I just wanted one, just one!

This is also the first time I’ve purchased a watch without seeing it in the flesh. So, I really excited and very anxious. I paid a visit to my AD on Saturday to see if there were any updates on estimated deliveries. As Harry mentioned, he stated that initial batch should ship out the middle of July. But, the initial shipments are designated for Omega Boutiques. So, I’m preparing myself mentally for late August / early September. Hopefully, I will be pleasantly surprised! As Tom Petty sang, “The waiting is the hardest part.”

If you're seriously considering one, I was advise you to get moving. It won't be easy. But, there may be one that has your name or number on it!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote