Thread: Surprise 5935a
View Single Post
Old 18 December 2022, 08:07 PM   #13
Vasco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GelatoBoii View Post
Nice to see you again on here Vasco. Ty.

I’m glad you got to see it in the metal, you nailed it. My wife used “coppery” as the exact description as well.

There was a 5172G with the salmon dial I got to hold it next to and the difference was striking. The reflective properties on both the carbon motif and the city wheels was a pleasant unexpected surprise.
Thanks! And indeed, I thought the same. When I discovered the 5172 and 5320 Salmon dials I noticed it was slightly pink compared to the more "honey" color in the 5270P or 5450 (older Advanced Research model). But it seems they even went further with this 5935A and it looks very good. The "carbon" pattern brings so much light to the dial.

It's been a while since I saw the 5711/1R (rose gold bracelet version) in the metal but when I saw the new 5712/1R this week, it also seems to me it was more rose than their rose gold color was before. Maybe it's the surface or the fact I saw it near daylight instead of under a yellow inside artificial light but I wonder if they modified some of their colors.

Thanks for sharing :)
Vasco is offline   Reply With Quote