View Single Post
Old 4 September 2017, 02:47 AM   #29
offrdmania
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
There was an interesting interview with Gene Haas where he was talking about the teams and how Mercedes and Ferrari are a good second faster than everyone else no matter what they do. He felt that there was perhaps some additional advantage that they had because they were experienced automotive manufacturers. You could see his frustration. He even said that unless things changed in some way that allowed conditions such that all the manufacturers at least had a chance to win that he'd have to consider his continued investment in the team.
I agree. The problem with F1 is that nothing occurs during a race to bunch up the field unless something really bad occurs to bring out the safety car. And when a safety car comes out, all the teams get upset that their lead is erased. When I watch an F1 race, I like to watch the first 2 laps, change the channel to something else and then come back for the last 2 laps. Everything in-between is usually follow the leader with an occasional position change after pit stops. And they wonder why their TV ratings are down.