View Single Post
Old 23 July 2019, 12:28 PM   #1
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
A midsummer night's dream

The year 2019. The month July.

On a hot summer's day, too hot to be outdoors, I pulled back the door of what was known as an authorized dealer. What were they dealing you ask? Rolex.

The air conditioning at full blast hit me like relief I had not felt since earlier that morning which is of the unspeakable kind. I was on a mission. Yes a mission. To buy that watch. The popular one with those five little letters. I had made it. Years of saving. Yes it would be mine.

I asked the clerk who was friendly enough to try it on. To my dismay I was met with a shock. None in stock. How could it be. It was me. Didn't they know. I inquired further but to no avail. It was a cruel joke.

Just then I heard a chuckle from the corner. Who was it? My eyes revealed a middle aged man holding an iPhone. I peered deeper as he approached.

You haven't heard? You can't get that model here. Have you been living under a rock?

Under a rock. I did not appreciate the term. I lived in a mansion. You don't understand it is me.

He then told me I could buy the watch today. Where I shouted. I need it. He told me he had the place but it would be double MSRP. Double. How could that be. I could not believe it. I don't pay double it's me!

The clerk answered back there would be a big shipment soon. Big. Huge. The kind of shipment that has people camping out for years. But then the bomb came. It was all spoken for.

Dejected I walked slowly out of the store with my head low. The door was heavy. Feet heavy. As my driver opened the door of my Rolls Royce I stared back at the sign. ROLEX. There were none. I guess my time had passed. Some other lucky ones would succeed. But for me I guess the luck had run out.

I awoke in a cold sweat. The type that makes you change your shirt at night. It was only a dream. I got up to check. No Rolex in the watch box. Damnit. A dream it was not. A nightmare reality indeed.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote