View Single Post
Old 2 August 2020, 05:14 AM   #26
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoBay View Post
Look man, I'm on my high horse because you decided to come on here and malign one of the best, most honest and straight up dealers out there just because the exact structure of a sentence appears to not have met your stringent by-phone communications standards. The fact that Topper is not only fair, honest and kind isn't not just my opinion, either. Look at their reviews for years, these guys are gold.

They did nothing to you. Did Topper take your money and not deliver? no. Did they treat you disrespectfully? You seem to think so, but it sure sounds like that's splitting a pretty thin hair, and that's one hell of a benefit of the doubt I'm giving there. Did they make a promise and not deliver? Did they keep you waiting a terribly long time beyond what was promised? Did they force a bundle or anything like that? No, no and no. Did they offer to call you if they get another of the reference you want? Yep. For shame!

So yeah, I'm standing by what I wrote. Hope you find the watch you want and in future, before you come on here and get on your high horse, put yourself in the business' shoes before responding.
Do you work for them? Do I owe them something for treating a customer in a way that I felt wasn't the best? You still have yet to address what I told was my side of the story - getting a customer's hopes up and how that isn't the best way to go about doing business; go ahead and continue to defend them.

This is a watch forum, and I'm going to give my opinion about watch-related items. I've dealt with Topper in the past and it was fine; I did not drag their name through the mud but simply reported what I experienced. Your last sentence makes absolutely no sense.