View Single Post
Old 8 March 2015, 04:18 AM   #1
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
INCOMING!! New Anniversary Sub Pics!

I been searching for awhile for the right 16610LV True 50 year Anniversary Sub for awhile.. I was seeing prices all over the place for Y and very early F serials that were not so mint.. Prices that I did not really care to pay (9k to 10k). So I almost gave up and on a couple of occasions, almost purchased a later year 16610LV.. It's getting harder and harder to come across clean un polished, mint examples as it has been a few years since the discontinuation of these Subs; especially for a 2003 first year model which is going on 12 years now and most of them have seen a service or two..

Finally it paid off. I was able to come into contact with a guy who was the original owner of a very early F serial. He didn't wear it much over the years, never had it serviced, never had it opened up, never had it polished.. He still had the protective clear case back sticker on over the green hologram sticker for crying out loud. I removed the clear sticker as it was very dirty and did not want pitting from moisture to occur.

The watch had it all, i.e. double box set, bezel protector, all booklets, papers, anchor, polish cloth, green foam insert, tags and even the original green rolex anniversary tissue that the inner watchbox came wrapped in for goodness sake.. I had to strike a deal with this guy.. It almost didn't happen, but I guess it was meant to be... I had thought the watch was sold in 2004 but come to my surprise, when I received it, the watch was sold dated Dec of 03..

Serial number range is F02xxxx Which would make this a true 50 year anniversary Submariner. I couldn't be more pleased.. The seller didn't seem to understand the significance of a first year production LV. I guess only a small number of us crazy watch guys care about Mk1 dial, oval O, 5 tick, flat four, lime green insert etc.
here are the pics: Enjoy

here is a cool shot of a MK7 anniversary insert compared with my MK1 Lime green insert.

Here is a cool shot of the LV next to my 1680Red.
SubKing is offline   Reply With Quote