View Single Post
Old 1 April 2018, 10:29 PM   #3
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFLARE View Post
Went into the Seiko AD to check out the selection, but when I got there only a handful on display. When I asked if they had a snowflake in stock, they first told me no, but after a short discussion, they came out of the back with one and said they just got it in today! All within 5 minutes. Of course this would happen with a snowflake and not a 5711

Very fine piece itself, but my only wish was that it came in SS instead of Ti, but I'm probably the minority on this. Passed on a great piece as I just didn't believe it would get the wrist time from me it deserved. There were a couple other guys around me that saw me decline the snowflake. Hopefully one of them is now enjoying it.

Do you prefer heavier watches? There's a selection of Springdrive Grand Seikos that are in SS, but the dial isn't snowflake. My SBGA103 for example, comes in SS with a silvery dial.

The snowflake is iconic for the dial itself and also the finishing on Titanium, which is not an easy feat since Titanium by nature lacks shine.

Here's a great article from Hodinkee explaining about the Snowflake Springdrive.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/gr...owflake-review