View Single Post
Old 10 October 2015, 12:29 PM   #65
Alford78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejeweler View Post
OK,.....from the highlighted description of SuperLuminova above its stated "it is quite fragile and does not like humidity".

I just purchased a new Rolex 114060 No Date Submariner and I'm wondering about the single raised "bump" of this material on the outside of the bezel ring?

It's certainly "exposed" to the possibility of physical abrasions,.... AND you can't get any more "humid" than a trip in the ocean or lake!

So what gives on the the long term prospects of this small dome of lume holding up, given it's exposed location? I can't see a coating of lacquer overcoming the listed deficiencies.

It has been over 3 years since this model has come out, and many more of the previous versions of the Submariners and Deep Sea Models,....

......has anyone had a problem with this lume area of their bezel?

If not,...perhaps Rolex fits a small dome sapphire cover over the lume paint in this area??? Just wondering......
There is a sectional drawing of how it's done somewhere but simply put its completely enclosed by some sort of transparent material. Like the poster above said in a way. It's like a pearl inside a sealed glass. This is how fake bezels are easily recognized IMO.
Alford78 is offline   Reply With Quote