View Single Post
Old 21 October 2018, 03:09 AM   #3291
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
Great Deal Wes, Congrats!!

Nice looking shoes.

As far as flaws on seconds go for John Lobb, Edward Green, and shoemakers in the top tier I often hear that's the case. The fact that people are unable to detect any flaws.

A bit odd about that shoe tree issue but I wonder if that may have to do something with these being seconds.

But your sure your trying to insert the trees correctly? I mean most of mine the trees need to be canted a bit and turned to get the tree in the shoe.
Thank you, Dan. And yes, I think you're right. If these shoemakers made a pair of shoes that were so flawed that it was obvious to spot the flaw, they'd probably destroy them, not sell them as seconds.

I just tried putting in the trees again and I did manage to get them to fit. I think the problem was that I didn't loosen the laces enough the first time. It's still a very snug fit, but now that I think about it, getting the trees into my Chambords was also very tough initially. Once the leather breaks in, it should be much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
I think your confusing MTO - Made To Order with Bespoke.
Ooof, yup. Total brain fart on my part. Mr. Speed got me thinking about the well done steaks and that really threw me off.

TexasMade is correct. I think for MTO, JLP charges a nominal fee. Bespoke is a whole different beast.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote