View Single Post
Old 23 January 2020, 10:00 AM   #1
zoso
"TRF" Member

Presidential clasp coming unclipped help.

Hello. I’m not a collector or expert on Rolex watches but I’m lucky enough to have a Presidential model that my dad gave me before he passed away. I have sought the help of the forum in the past when some moisture got inside and ended up sending my watch to Rik Dietel on the forums suggestion. I’m back for more advice.

Over the last year or two the bracelet has been coming undone really easy and it’s getting to the point that I’m afraid to wear the watch and I wear it daily. An example of what I mean is if I clap my hands the clasp pops open and the watch slides down my arm. The other day I slapped the side of my leg and it came undone and almost fell on the floor. It’s making me nervous now.

My question is about getting that taken care of. In order to get it fixed does that whole clasp section need to be replaced or does a watch maker some how replace the little gold nipple part that locks into the hole on the other part of the clasp? Could someone also give me an estimate of that repair and part If needed? Would it be worth going to a local Rolex dealer? I only ask because when I shipped my watch to Rik in Florida it wasn’t cheap and some what stressful.

Thanks. Owen

I tried to upload pics but photobucket is blurring the pics.
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote