View Single Post
Old 21 August 2017, 07:44 AM   #83
JamesChristopher417
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I am a huge Rolex fan and have just returned to the fold as an Omega and Panerai owner. I like the 389 and think that the watch has a lot to offer for a 47 mm diver. I believe that the retail on the 389 is 11K and can be had NIB in the 8-8.5K range. Several pre-owned models have moved through at less than that. We say it all the time but it is true. "Buy right and a sell or a flip does not hurt as bad". It all comes down to what you paid and the value on a trade or a sale. Contact several Trusted Sellers and see what they would give you on a trade toward a BLNR. Be specific with them. If you just send a note asking the value of your watch you will get a much lower value as they do not know what you are looking at and the margins they have in that watch. I will not keep a watch that I do not wear or enjoy and very seldom when I lose the lust for a watch does it come back. Get all the information and make an informed decision. I would go TS as the ease of the transaction and dependability of what I am getting offsets the headaches of a private sale. Good luck and I look forward to an Incoming thread.
Yes the retail on the 389 is 11k. I have asked around and the offers have been stomach wrenching, have all been in the same ball park which makes me realize maybe the hit I would take would be too big.which is why after the passed few days I may just hang with 389 and add to the collection. I do agree that if the list for the watch disappears the watch should follow however if the market isn't there not sure the hit is justifiable.
JamesChristopher417 is offline   Reply With Quote