View Single Post
Old 17 August 2016, 01:33 AM   #89
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Feel?

It doesn't make me feel anything. It's simply makes me better than all the commoners around me. I see them with their Invictas, with their Michael Kors. All I have to do is pull my sleeve back and they cower before my mighty wrist. Those five letters raising me above the countless people I pass by each day.

Then I see a guy on the subway with a Patek. He looks down at my wrist, then right into my eyes, into my soul. He has won. I immediately collapse and start weeping uncontrollably.

All jokes aside, it makes me feel great when I'm alone wandering around and I look down at it. I appreciate it for what it is, an amazingly crafted piece of engineering that will last a lifetime. Can't really say that many other things.

When I'm around people, I tend to pull my sleeve down or turn my wrist away. I do get self conscious more than I like to admit. I don't feel bad for wearing a nice watch, but knowing in the back of my mind that there are so many people that have so much less bothers me to my core.
Syed117 is offline   Reply With Quote