View Single Post
Old 29 October 2019, 05:55 AM   #1
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Navi underrated?

I have been into watches since the early 80’s. I have to say, I feel the navitimer is about the most under appreciated chronograph out there (save for the zenith el primero) and I’m not sure why. I mean fantastic legacy, was and is a proper tool watch, and yet I still see very few in the wild. I mean many say breitling has been too blingy, but the current Navi is only 2mm larger and 1 larger lug to lug. Yes the case is polished, but with the leather strap is really not at all blingy, though the dial does have a lot going on. And certainly compared to a gmt, the Navi would certainly appear the more reserved of the two.

However it remains actually easily readable and far more so than my Daytona. The in-house movement is a solid one, with a great power reserve. The overall changes to the watch have been very minimal over the years. Maybe it’s the Rolex mania that obscures the other great watches out there or perhaps folks not happy with the overall direction of breitling? I would be interested in others perspectives?
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote