View Single Post
Old 14 September 2019, 05:33 AM   #237
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Alright, I know I'll get a ton of flack since it's the hottest watch on the market...but the 5711/1A blue. After all the hype, all the exposure, all the commentary on this forum, I finally got a chance to see one in the metal about a month ago.

I don't know if Rolex bracelet quality ruined everything else for me, but I wasn't a fan of the 5711 bracelet feel/heft at all. I wasn't a fan of the small date window. The dial didn't blow me away like I expected either. Personally, I think the 15202 has a higher degree of finishing too.

I also started to get enamored with the Patek 5975 from pictures and videos (I love the unique layout for reading three different scales). It's an anniversary, limited edition piece and with everyone focused on sports watches, the prices for these are compelling. Saw it in person...did nothing for me. I didn't think the strong, angular case fit the charm of the dial.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote