View Single Post
Old 4 November 2019, 04:49 PM   #37
007_Omega
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVR View Post
FYI : https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=706556

I would hope the ceramic bezel will be never happening, would love to see a dive watch with a sapphire/lumed bezel though.
Don't know if that will pass GS idea of functionality but one can hope.

And about the clasp, imo it is perfect. It is beautifully executed and it also offers the perfect counter balance to the head.
And important for a dive watch, much easier to adjust compared to a 116610 and the like. It might be a mute point as these watches are not used for diving anymore but than again, we all want to be able to go 200m or preferably 300m deep also.

I do not get your 2008 remark, the current Rolex Sub was also launched in 2008.
The current Sub needs an update as well. Watchmaking is a slow evolving art but there are improvements that can be made on both the Sub and Grand Seiko.

Grand Seiko has started to thin out their movements/cases and that evolution can be moved into their diver. Sub can get the updated movement and hopefully they will slim those lugs and go back to more classic proportions.

I agree that the Grand Seiko is a very wearable 44mm watch, even on a smaller wrist. That being said, a lot of us don't want a watch that large even if it is designed to fit a smaller wrist. I'd prefer a 40-42mm.
007_Omega is offline   Reply With Quote