View Single Post
Old 11 March 2020, 11:40 PM   #1502
Laszlo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Date & No Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I just now on live news heard the Health and Human Services Secretary day we have 2 million tests for those who need one. I guess he is lying?
I just think we are very ill prepared. We’ve test ~4500 while South Korea has already tested 150,000. It’s embarrassing as the most equipped nation on the planet could be so unprepared for a situation like this. Regardless of the numbers the system will just not be able to handle this. And because of our position this will cascade into other forms of disruption. You also mentioned you’re seeing two narratives and I pointed this out a while back. Personally the best form of information is those from positions like physicians on the front line and epidemiologists providing their insights. As well as organizations such as WHO who are fact based. I wouldn’t believe anything from the CCP but would definitely lean on Italy because that’s a real-time situation that can be a proxy. Another interesting thing to ponder is that there are 2 strains.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca