View Single Post
Old 16 March 2020, 11:57 PM   #2211
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh1013 View Post
Im 62 and in poor health and very very worried....I bought 2 months of MRE's last week not wanting to leave house....unless i have to. I have 20 n-95 mask i got 2 weeks ago .....I wish i would have bought more germ-x when i had the chance but have a months or so.

I see some are not taking the threat of the virus serious....it reminds me of the movie "Full Metal Jacket" when the captain is telling them about the Tet offensive and Rafter man pops of "Does this mean Ann Margret is not coming" im taking the threat very serious.

On the local news this morn they are already talking supply issue for medicine coming from India where 40 percent is made....not good. Plus food shortages....
Im very worried because i have no family and really dont know anybody here local....even if i did i would worry "are they carrying the virus?"and dont want to get into a movie like "The Thing" situation where you have to test somebody before you can get 10 feet from them....for me and lots like me its some scary times like ive never seen in my 62 years.
The closest I can think of was Cuban Missile crisis and i was to young to know what was going on...I though living in the basement sounded like fun.
To all us senior citizens on the board I wish the best of luck....and all you younger ones too. I didn't survive this long to be done in by a virus.
Greg:

Don't drive yourself crazy worrying about what you cannot control. Put your energy into working through ways to deal with the risks and keeping a good attitude.

Sounds like you have done more preparation than a lot of people. So, look on the positive side.

Stay safe.