Thread: rg tt dj36
View Single Post
Old 19 January 2019, 07:49 AM   #1
jltait
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116200
rg tt dj36

I dropped by Sidney Thomas AD in Paramus NJ today. Very nice, helpful salespeople. Only good things to say about this establishment. Stock, however, was like what everyone else is reporting. Whole cases completely devoid of watches, multiple wall displays without a single item. It looked like they were going out of business. Saleslady said Xmas just about wiped them out. In their limited inventory was a smurf, rg diamond daytona, platona, 4 or 5 dd40s, a couple of dj36, and maybe 10 or so women's models.

As luck would have it, I walked in intending to try on a dj36 tt rg, and they had one in the case. Sorry, didn't take pictures, but it was this model with sticks instead of romans -

I was planning on my next acquisition being a tt yg model, but have to say after trying this on, rg is going to be a real contender. I wear maybe too much yg jewelry, and never tried anything rg on, but after seeing a rg tt piece next to a similar yg tt, rg has a much more modern appeal, IMO.

What are all ya'll's take on the new rg dj? Also, I know traditional wisdom is fluted bezel should be paired with jubilee bracelet. For rg however, I feel like the oyster may be better suited, as pictured above. What do you think?
jltait is offline   Reply With Quote