View Single Post
Old 17 August 2013, 02:42 PM   #3
Billywiz
Banned

Watch: YG President
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidal View Post
An iconic watch, lots of followers, a must have for serious watch collectors.

Yet small, and not due for update in Rolex eyes but in most Rolex brand fans. It's future is reflected in its all gold peers and new ceramic RG version.

Undoubtedly there is NO wait list unless you ask about it in a small FOS AD!

It became almost a victim of its own success, 12k for a legendary movement that you paid 6-7 k for only six years ago with no change but an updated bracelet(V series on I think).

This year the launch of the ridiculously priced platinum version and last years RG ceramic bezel on leather strap almost leaves no doubt in my mind(I've been mistaken many times in the past) that wenhavento wait a few more years before they imply the new. Changes to a TT model first before we see a "new" SS Daytona. Thoughts??

PS. Count on a 16k+ new SS Daytona when it happens. Please remember that the new SS YM is 18k with almost similar level of movement sophistication.
It is not small its perfect in my opinion...some of us don't want our whole wrist dominated by the case...I think the new larger cases are too big. Your implication is the Daytona needs a redesign. I suggest it certainly does not. The fashion for larger watches is already over and some are now looking quite ridiculous. Regarding this recent Rolex design it will be interesting to see how history judges it.
Billywiz is offline   Reply With Quote