View Single Post
Old 14 December 2019, 01:47 AM   #1
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
What would you do?

I bought a truly limited edition, to 357 pieces, watch from a brand I very much appreciate. I purchased from an authorized dealer.

They told me at the time that the set was incomplete as it didn’t yet have the LE Certificate. However, they guaranteed me that it would be coming. And for months they informed me it was close. Then it was imminent in the coming days.

And then it wasn’t coming at all. They stopped producing them for this watch and it wasn’t going to be produced again. Ever. It was apparently escalated so they offered me a watch box as consolation.

This watch was over $16,000. Now it’s an incomplete set worth less than half that. Clearly that’s bad in the world of this watch community we all congregate in.

I do consider value and value retention when buying a watch. Or anything actually.

I have been very loyal to this brand for years. I never buy gray as they have most of their collection available for purchase. I’m disappointed. I have the email for some big wigs. And I’m going to send off an extremely polite but pointed email.

But was curious to the hives collective thoughts before I do so.

Thanks folks.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is online now   Reply With Quote