View Single Post
Old 31 May 2020, 05:44 AM   #1
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Guinand Flight Engineer - Magnetic Field Resistant Tool Watch

Greetings all!

I got this watch as a gift to myself for successfully passing my PhD qualifier exams. Still not a 'Doctor' yet, but the purpose of this watch was to keep me motivated till then

The Flight Engineer is Guinand's most recent release. It is designed to be a no-nonsense tool watch with excellent legibility and a anti magnetic shield build around the movement to resist fields up to 1000 Gauss (similar to the original Milgauss). But whether or not that's useful to a desk-bound nerd that occasionally comes in contact with magnetic fields at work is unclear. But what is clear is that this is a fantastic tool watch and everything about it is designed for 'efficiency', in the true German way I suppose.

I've had the Flight Engineer for about a week now and put together some of my thoughts here: https://www.beansandbezels.com/revie...ight-engineer/

It is quite a long and detailed read with plenty of photographs since I couldn't find any hands on reviews when deciding whether to buy one or not.

Here's some pictures:

Since this watch is relatively new, I'm happy to answer any questions about it that i haven't covered in the review.

Thanks for reading / watching.
thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote