View Single Post
Old 21 May 2019, 07:24 AM   #28
ts3
"TRF" Member

Great collection that you might just keep as is, and I am saying that as a guy who has never owned a Rolex and is still doubting if he will ever get one...

But if it was me I would consider a bigger revirement, replacing three of your Rolexes w one Rolex and a Patek:

I would sell the LV, the BLNR, and the black Daytona. Why? The LV for being too flashy, the BLNR as I am no fan of GMT / travel time pieces, and the black Daytona as I prefer the white one and I deem one Daytona enough for a 5 or 6 piece collection.

Then I would add the 114060 per your thoughts or the SD4K being my favorite modern Rolex. Either way there would be two Rolexes in your collection, the white Daytona and a black-dial LN diver.

With plenty of remaining budget you could get a PM complicated Patek, such as a classic 3940 PC, or a SS sports watch. The 5167 Aquanaut or the mid-size 3800 Nautilus should be well within budget, the 5164 slightly above but the way to go if you need a travel time piece, whereas the 5711 and 5712 are out of reach unless you add quite some cash. Assuming that you don't have to have a Patek sports watch I would probably try to go 3940. This may also turn out to be a smart move in terms of value if and when the SS sports watch craze comes to an end...
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote