View Single Post
Old 18 May 2020, 03:35 PM   #175
SeeDweller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5212 (blasphemy!)
Just came across this thread. I'm astounded by your sheer balls to attempt this. I just swapped out my bezel insert on a Pepsi 16750, so I could wear it in black for awhile, and I was SO proud of myself.

As far as some of the previous comments, I'm ashamed of anyone who would make disparaging comments about what you're doing. They're YOUR watches, and you are obviously NOT trying to market them as anything but exactly what they are - - a highly "customized" version of an original Rolex.

What drives me crazy is seeing fake watches, imitating something that DOES really exist (e.g. a blue dial SS Skydweller, but it's a "custom" dial on it) - - that, ... I call a "fake". . That has NOTHING to do with what you're doing!

You, my friend, are an artist, and while even the final result doesn't have the fit and finish of a Vacheron or a Patek . . . you are getting better and better, and the saga of your experimentation has been a delightful read.

Reality is . . . Rolex should offer to hire you and let you go wild in their R&D department. With your imagination, and their guidance (and detail in the manufacturing), you would have a masterpiece!!

Carry on, Sir! Hat's off to you, with my absolute respect!
'21 116506 (Daytona, Blue dial)..|..... '22 116508 (Daytona, Green dial)
'21 126619LB (Submariner, Blue) ...|... '20 126710-BLNR (GMT-II, Batgirl)

.... and still trying to scratch that itch!.....