View Single Post
Old 26 September 2017, 09:15 AM   #41
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richris1 View Post
After years of buying, collecting, flipping, etc...I'd like to honestly slow WAY down. Maybe others feel the same? I have been thinking of a 4-6 watch collection for a while now, but I TRULY want less to think about when strapping on a watch every morning. Not thinking about....WG, YG, SS, blue, black, white, etc....I know...big first world problems. But where else but here, amongst WIS friends, could I present this scenario, and not seem

I've read so many threads about being a 1 watch man or woman...always kind of envied that :)
And before discovering TRF, catching the bug, the hype, etc....I wore only a Sub date, for 10 years.

TRYING SOMETHING DIFFERENT.....
Not going down to 1 watch, but going to try 2 for a while, see how it works.
Putting away (bank box...outta sight outta mind) all but two.
Going to keep the two at home, I THINK, will embody everything I think I would want in a 2 watch collection.

......think PT & SS
Will report on my experiment/feelings, for anyone who may fear consolidating down from a 4+ watch collection
Rich, I'm totally with you on this. Too much work involved in daily choice and too many watches sitting idle. Two to three seem like the right count to me. I had a thread a while back on what would a perfect two watch collection look like. For me it might well be my SkyD and the recently acquired SD4K although in the thread I was thinking about the 16600. Time will tell if I can complete my mission. Swapping out the DJII and 16700 GMT was where I had planned on starting so that step is complete.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote