View Single Post
Old 15 August 2019, 03:45 PM   #1
xrole
"TRF" Member

New Rolex member here... just bought the OP39 (114300) in white! :)

Hi guys,

I hope you're all well! I am a guy based in Switzerland who was lucky enough to get hold of a OP39 (Oyster Perpetual 39mm) 114300 in white!

I had previously avoided Rolex as I didn't like the negative brand connotations which existed in the UK which I was kind of brainwashed with, but now I see such views are irrational in my current home location and life situation. So, after seeing the OP39 reviewed online I had to go out and find it, and if I liked it, buy it. After almost everywhere being out of stock I managed to find one in Japan while travelling and bought it immediately, it was love at first sight. :D

I also checked out the OP34 which in my view was too small and delicate and a OP36 which has what is in my view an ugly and crowded dial with the double indices at 3 and 9.

For me it is the perfect daily dress up or down watch, not too big or too small, with a perfectly symmetrical dial and elegant and understated looks with the warm white silvery dial and a matte bracelet, which I love. It does not scream bling; it is a gentlemans watch. I also like the lack of date function as I found it gets annoying always resetting it when wearing other watches for more than a couple of days as I have a Tudor Pelagos in blue which I use for outdoorsy stuff.

So in summary, I am very happy with it and am looking forward to being able to contribute to the community where possible. :)
xrole is offline   Reply With Quote