View Single Post
Old 17 March 2020, 10:26 PM   #2376
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
We are self isolating. With my underlying medical conditions, this virus would probably kill me, that may sound dramatic, but that is the way it is. I will go for walks early morning in the country, so that should be okay. I'm 62, I quite fancy living a little longer, if I have to isolate for a long while, then so be it, the cost of not doing it could be the loss of my life.

Younger members may look at this and think it is an over reaction, if I was younger and in good health, I may think the same. In my life, I have been shot at on a number of occasions, been blown up and had a hand grenade thrown at me, I am no shrinking violet. This scares me though, I am afraid of being unable to catch a breath until death takes me.
You’re doing what you’re supposed to be doing Dave. They haven’t made the position official yet but the government will very soon be recommending everybody with chronic health problems self-isolate for 12 weeks.