View Single Post
Old 30 November 2022, 09:03 PM   #10
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
I am very anti debt.

My dream as a kid (early 20’s) was to have a very modest place with a yard big enough for my dog.

When I sold my yoga studios, I bought a modest townhouse in cash. It was right behind a Midas tire supply shop. Everyone said, are you crazy, buy a nice home. I said no way, I can’t afford it. They suggested I could afford it with a mortgage, I said I prefer to have something I own outright.

About two years ago I bought a house on the bay at the jersey shore. I was convinced to get a mortgage because crates were so low. I paid 50% and mortgaged the rest at 2.625%. I just sold that home last week.

Don’t get me wrong, I understand using a mortgage. I understand good debt. I get it.

Even good debt, I don’t want it. If I can’t afford it, I don’t buy it. In fact, I just sold a bunch of “stuff”. I don’t want it or need it anymore.

I do believe that stuff starts to own you. I also believe that the more you get, the more you want. Always chasing the rush.

I don’t fault people for living it up. I understand it. You can’t take it with you. And you never know when you are going to go. I think finding a balance is for the best. And everyone has a different set of priorities and therefore a different balance point.

So yeah, no debt for me. No living larger than what’s right in front of me.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote