View Single Post
Old 30 November 2022, 09:14 PM   #12
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I am very anti debt.

My dream as a kid (early 20’s) was to have a very modest place with a yard big enough for my dog.

When I sold my yoga studios, I bought a modest townhouse in cash. It was right behind a Midas tire supply shop. Everyone said, are you crazy, buy a nice home. I said no way, I can’t afford it. They suggested I could afford it with a mortgage, I said I prefer to have something I own outright.

About two years ago I bought a house on the bay at the jersey shore. I was convinced to get a mortgage because crates were so low. I paid 50% and mortgaged the rest at 2.625%. I just sold that home last week.

Don’t get me wrong, I understand using a mortgage. I understand good debt. I get it.

Even good debt, I don’t want it. If I can’t afford it, I don’t buy it. In fact, I just sold a bunch of “stuff”. I don’t want it or need it anymore.

I do believe that stuff starts to own you. I also believe that the more you get, the more you want. Always chasing the rush.

I don’t fault people for living it up. I understand it. You can’t take it with you. And you never know when you are going to go. I think finding a balance is for the best. And everyone has a different set of priorities and therefore a different balance point.

So yeah, no debt for me. No living larger than what’s right in front of me.
Exactly this....I sleep waaaaay better at night
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote