View Single Post
Old 26 March 2013, 07:19 AM   #1
123niko
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona
new member with watch history

Hello All. I have recently joined the forum and have spent many an hour reading and enjoing the posts. I first fell in love with watches at the age of 7 when my uncle gave me an automatic ingersol. I loved putting the watch to my ear to hear the ticking. So soothing. Many years past and my love for watches continued although I was not able to afford the higher end watches that i stared at in windows. I settled for the seiko, casio and citizen brands for a number of years as this was all i could afford. In my early twenties i fell in love with the Breitling chronomat and after a few years saving manage to buy one. I was to scared to wear it and it spent most of its life in a watch cabinet. I kept this watch for a while although never felt at one with it. I went on to buy a GP 4900 olympico although again did not manage much wrist time as i sold it to a friend. I then wore a cartier roadster for a bit alongside a PO 2500 and then PO 8500. All the previous watches seemd to miss something I was looking for. This void was filled late in 2012. After much searching came across the DSSD. Man what a watch. Amazingly i had always steared away from Rolex. Dont even know why. Once the watch was on my wrist I felt amazing. The void was filled. I am in love with the DSSD and wear it every day. Often I find myself looking at it amazed by its beauty. Its big and thick. Does not pretend to be otherwise. I know it may not be to everyones taste but for me its perfect. My appologies for rambling. Was not sure how to introduce myself to the forum other than how i have. Lookng forward to engaging with all the members.
123niko is offline   Reply With Quote