View Single Post
Old 25 October 2011, 01:21 PM   #107
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Vintage purchase experience Feedback List

A green (*) against a dealers name indicates that atleast 2 forumers have purchased vintage watches from a dealer here, have received them and are happy. So if atleast 2 of you have purchased a vintage watch from any of the dealers in the list, have received it and are happy with the purchase please say so here so can update the dealers name with a green (*).Also note that a single forumer purchasing 2 or more watches from a seller will be considered as one reference and not two.

Purchase Reference list: Besides the green star rating, for added green star rating accuracy, refer to this "Purchase Reference list" to get a feel of the quality of watches forumers here have purchased from their respective sellers by looking up their historic threads for posted watch pictures and making inquiries on the forum.
Mark Lerman (ezinternet,cruvon) [Note: While there have been no complaints or doubts about the authenticity or quality of his watches by buyers who have bought watches from him and is known for his popular red sub article and being a red sub expert, some allegations have been leveled about some of his watch's paperwork,specifically the guarantee paper (that haven't been proven with publicly available concrete evidence but that's not to say the allegations can be discounted). No buyers too have complained about the authenticity of his paperwork and no evidence of anything amiss when the watches were taken to a RSC, a service center, or for an expert appraisal. However do verify the paperwork when making a purchase just to be sure in light of the allegations so that all boxes tick.]
Jedly (Steelerfan65,bb3188)
Eric Ku (ddrees,steelerfan65,skyedog,Beaumont Miller II)
Ben (Jason71,yessir69,desfrie)
Jacek (ezinternet,Submarino,Mark020)
Andrew Shear (Steelerfan65,Tcaviglioli,Beaumont Miller II,bluemartinfan,Skyedog,Buffy)
Ralle (florianw,Burswood)
Steve Mulholland (Swearengen,davemcdus)
Ian Blowers (DiamondJack, chiubak,Monobike) [Please note issues raised by drainaps,Kyle in the earlier sections http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180461, buyer due diligence and asking the right questions from this dealer necessary to ascertain originality,has a 7 days no questions asked return policy]

NB: While this list serves to collate all vintage watch dealers forumers have possibly dealt with (from fellow forumers comments above) in one place, it in no way is a measure of the quality/originality of the watches that are on sale with them. Please conduct your own due diligence before you make any purchases by asking questions on the forum, posting pictures, getting references, etc. Also please notify us of any concerns and if the forumers agree I can take them off this list.

VERY IMPORTANT: As always refer to the footnotes and do your due diligence when buying any vintage watch, even from sellers listed as having a green star, since past recommendations are not necessarily a ticket for positive experiences in the future, so ask questions and verify watches through the forum "before" you buy any vintage watch. This is a forumer purchase experience list aimed at helping newbies find a vintage from known sources and is not an official recommendation list or a substitute for doing proper research on watches and sellers before you buy.

Last thing I remember, I was Running outta sight
I had to find the passage back,To the place I was before.
’Relax,’ said this Rolex place,We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!
cruvon is offline   Reply With Quote