View Single Post
Old 20 May 2008, 03:30 PM   #1
DaveInLA
"TRF" Member

How do I definitively verify a Rolex's authenticity?

I posted in another thread that I'm going to buy an Explorer I sold by Hess in an Ebay auction. Enough people (on TRF and on feedback) seem to feel that they're legit, and none of the negative feedbacks has questioned the authenticity of their Rolexes.

That said, Hess isn't an AD. I'll have saved over $1000 by purchasing from Hess vs. an AD, and while I really wanted my first Rolex experience to be "official", the experience isn't worth $1000. I'm pretty convinced that Hess is selling the real deal, but for total peace of mind, I want my watch to be authenticated by an expert, in person. How do I do this?

I've read that I can take it to a RSC for an authenticity check for $100, and I guess they give you a certificate claiming this. Someone mentioned taking it to the RSC to add or remove a link, and that's a little cheaper. Another guy posted that the RSC in Beverly Hills does it for free (I'm in LA, CA). That would be nice! But in case that falls through, can I have it checked out at an AD? If so, who does the examination? The watch expert? The salesman? And how much will it be? Thanks
DaveInLA is offline   Reply With Quote