View Single Post
Old 20 May 2008, 04:52 PM   #4
2careless
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
You can take your watch to an RSC and ask for an authentication check. It costs $100 here. They will open the case and check:
1. model, dial
2. movement calibre
3. bracelet type/number, and how many links are fitted.
4. serial number.
They will give you a letter stating whether the watch is in their opinion genuine or not with the above info.
They won't tell you what condition the watch is at, or estimation of value. Here, the turnaround time is 2 days - i.e. you leave the watch there and come back after 2 days.

Alternatively you can take the watch to RSC and ask for a service estimate, i.e. how much to fix it up to "as factory level as possible". Since RSC policy is that they will not touch a watch with fake/replica/aftermarket parts, you'll know the answer too, but without that piece of paper saying if it's genuine or not. Same here - 2 days turnaround.

Another way is to take it to RSC and ask for a link to be added. they will always check authenticity as soon as they get their hands on a piece. This is faster. Only take 30 min if it's genuine. If it's not or they're in doubt, they'll open it to check.

Best is to take it there in person. For me, it's 30 min drive.
2careless is offline   Reply With Quote