View Single Post
Old 2 February 2019, 09:36 AM   #1
TheWatchEnthusiast
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV,SD43,BLNR
SD43 with low amplitude???

Hi guys . Relatively new to the watch world so don't chop my head off if i am wrong .

I recently bought a new Ace 100 Timegrapher and I have been timing all of my watches just to create a record in time for them, see their general health and get an opportunity to learn a few things about the way my watches work . I started with the oldest first and the ones that were bought used with an unknown service history.
My SeaDweller 43mm 126600 was among the very last to run through. It has been an extremely accurate watch for me and it was purchased little over a year ago, so i wasn't rushing to measure it among the first of my watches. I have worn it very sparingly on a rotation and has seen very little running time maybe less than 30-40 days worth of total running since new .
To my surprise the amplitude was very low for a brand new watch but since it is a new movement i didn't know if that is normal or not so I'm checking with you.
These were the readings i got .

Face up+0 s/d 263 AMP BE 0.0 ms Face down 0 s/d 259 AMP BE 0.0 ms
Crown UP0 s/d 225 AMP. B.E 0.2 ms Crown down 0 s/d 224 AMP BE 0.2 ms
6 p.m. up0 s/d 226 AMP BE 0.0 ms 12 o’clock UP-1 s/d 222. AMP BE 0.2 ms

I know that face up and down are the important ones but i included all the positions i've tested . Is this amplitude within specs for a new modern Rolex watch ? All my under 3 years 3135 moment watches have amplitude of about 300 face up or down. I have a decade old bluesy that has a stronger amplitude than this one hence my decision to post here before i take the watch to my AD and hear that its normal .
Please share your knowledge on this new 3235 movement .
To those wondering I've fully wound the watch fully, as well as i did the testing twice in 2 separate dates. The second time I specifically made sure that i wound the watch more times than I knew it needed just so i don't have any doubts about its power reserve being fully charged.

Thanks
John
TheWatchEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote