View Single Post
Old 1 December 2020, 04:04 PM   #17
ZOOK
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zruvalcaba View Post

I can say this until I'm blue in the face, but along with being a Pledge Member, 2FA SHOULD ABSOLUTELY be required to be active on a seller account. The guy who I thought I was buying from was a member here since 2007. He should've checked out and even had references that checked out. His account without a doubt was compromised and the scammer was posting using his name. I know for a fact that this has happened to other reputable sellers on here (JUSTROLEXES, DAVIDSW, BRIBOXER, TUKUYA, to name a few) maybe not to this extent but I have had instances where I got an email from what I thought was Tony (JUSTROLEXES) trying to sell me a watch for under current market value. After texting Tony, it clearly was not him. 2FA SHOULD BE REQUIRED MODS!!!!! We're dealing with very very expensive items and the potential for fraud is way to prevalent. 2FA is damn near bullet proof.

These are usually scam emails with very similar email addresses to the watch resellers real email address and nothing to do with the watch resellers TRF account. I'd be amazed if these resellers don't have 2FA turned on at TRF.

But, I agree, all sellers and buyers should be required to have 2FA turned on.