View Single Post
Old 24 January 2021, 02:49 AM   #18
saxo3
"TRF" Member

I had started at the same time a thread "Rolex 3200 Series Movement Data Collection", which I deleted and join here.

The baseline of my approach is a collection of movement measurement data, taken with a timegrapher or other methods, e.g. a smartphone App.

Let us collect data since the introduction of the 3200 series at Baselworld 2015. Especially, data taken with recently purchased watches (2020, 2021) are very interesting to see if problems on rates, amplitudes, beat errors still exist or have been solved.

I start adding data for my beautiful looking GMT-Master II, Ref. 126711 CHNR (caliber 3285), bought in August 2018 and worn for only about 10 days (max.) until today.

Conclusions Table 1:
First measurements 13 months after purchase. After full watch winding all rates are negative, depending on position between -1 s/d and -7 s/d, with amplitudes between 199 and 247 degrees. 7 days later: again full winding, then the calibre performance significantly decreased after 13:50 hours and 25:30 hours; between all measurements the watch remained at rest in position DU (dial up) and was not wound again.

Conclusions Table 2:
One year later. After full watch winding, rates in all positions became worse, i.e. from -4 s/d to -12 s/d, amplitudes vary from 191 to 240 degrees. After 11 days, the situation further degraded again, even after full watch winding. Waiting 24 hours (at rest) in DU position reduced the measured amplitudes to only 153 -204 degrees with rates of -10 s/d to -26 s/d.

This watch was bought in August 2018, was rarely worn (10 days max.) until today, and its present performance is as listed at the end of Table 2. A clear data-based proof that something is wrong with this 3285 movement. I will give it to Rolex within the 5 years guarantee period.

What are your data for the 3200 series movements? Please, always indicate when you bought your watch and the movement number (32xx). An overview in a simple table is probably easier to read than very long text. Photos of your watch are very welcome too.
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote