View Single Post
Old 15 December 2022, 01:55 AM   #223
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Can you expand on this Steven? I know you’re a progressive thinker.

Thank you
The below is waaaaaay oversimplified. Even I could 'shoot holes' in it. It really cries out for human interaction to fully grasp the far larger concept. Or maybe not. But hey, here it goes....

Right now we have a consumption-based economy based on 'purchases' via central bank currency that devalues. Will avoid the problems of the consumption-based system, yet the later with constant devaluation has caused more human work hours to 'survive'. More work hours means less time with your parents as they age, or with them when you were young. There is a lot to be said about social interaction. As an example, call it a 'recent study', stagnated speech development by youth during a period of universal mask wearing is an example. No universal masks, no problem.

But a long slow game of currency devaluation is insidious. Like boiling a frog. But there's also....

Also, what personal stress and possible health issues (both physical and mental) are caused due to having to work more due to needing ever-more currency to 'survive'. We can all agree the USA minimum wage has fallen far behind reality, but why? If a currency was stable, a Fed mandate I remind you, minimum wage would be the same and work the same for forever. That is stability. If your lifecycle 'costs' are stable, and as an offshoot confident, how would that make you feel?

Anywho, there's a bunch more things. I just wish more attention was given to the societal downfall due to currency devaluation was discussed more, and more importantly, acted upon and corrected for the sake of human growth and prosperity.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote