View Single Post
Old 19 March 2023, 03:17 PM   #3638
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
That would mean a fundamental 32xx design problem! Not solvable since the introduction of the 3235 and 3255 in 2015?

Consequence: the movement failure rate (very low amplitudes after full winding) during the 5 years warranty period is extremely high for all 3235, 3255, 3285, 3230, and not only for watches sold in 2015,16,17,18…2022.
I think every single 32×× will develop low amplitude in its current state at some point. Some people might be very lucky and reach 5 years without noticing a severe loss of accuracy, most are completely oblivious, and the rest will have to deal with warranty claims.

There's new unsold watches, not even swiped the card yet that run out of spec and won't reach 200 degrees.

I'm sure it will eventually get fixed and slowly all watches will silently get updates during their services.
The lack of transparency to customers, the incredible size of the problem and the fact that Rolex HQ does not even transparently communicate about the issue to RSC affiliates, AD's/Boutiques and only commands to service under warranty, this is what frustrates and worries me. It also completely takes the pleasure out of the job.
SearChart is online now   Reply With Quote