View Single Post
Old 20 March 2023, 11:46 AM   #3660
Seo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Excellent points, and over-all I agree with you.

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but.. well, we are a very focused group here on TRF, so what I am submitting is that our awareness of the deficiency is higher then the general public. If you think about it, in the general public, a person who buys a Rolex could probably go for five or more years without even realizing there was anything wrong. Unless of course, the accuracy was really out of sorts, but to the average person, a mechanical watch losing a couple minutes every few days might even not be recognized. I wonder if this is influencing Rolex not being very forthright about this issue, nothing public
This is 100% why. This defect is not life threatening nor part of a regulated industry. The people at Rolex perform a cost benefit on this. This is very different to something like the automotive industry. I don’t think anyone diving etc will trust their life in a Rolex over a proper dive computer.

Many don’t even wear the watch, some don’t even set the time when wearing it and many won’t wear the watch over consecutive days to even noticed the difference.

There is a risk this all blows up in their face but more likely they will quietly move on to a new movement family with the issue solved.
Seo is offline   Reply With Quote