View Single Post
Old 20 March 2023, 03:33 PM   #3663
Mountain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Excellent points, and over-all I agree with you.

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but.. well, we are a very focused group here on TRF, so what I am submitting is that our awareness of the deficiency is higher then the general public. If you think about it, in the general public, a person who buys a Rolex could probably go for five or more years without even realizing there was anything wrong. Unless of course, the accuracy was really out of sorts, but to the average person, a mechanical watch losing a couple minutes every few days might even not be recognized. I wonder if this is influencing Rolex not being very forthright about this issue, nothing public
While I agree with much of this, I think the average person would certainly notice their watch losing a couple of minutes every few days! Both of my parents have worn Rolex watches for as long as I can remember, neither are into watches, but they do rely on them for their daily lives. They would definitely notice.

When you get beyond watch enthusiasts and social media show—offs you find the normal people who wear the same watch day in day out: these people rely on their watches and would certainly be disappointed at such accuracy.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote