View Single Post
Old 20 March 2023, 03:37 PM   #3664
Mountain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dark knight View Post
The concerning thing is, how will they fix it? Someone above made the point that there are millions of these watches already out there. Logistically almost seems impossible. And it appears this is a design issue with the movement and most of them will eventually develop problems. If Rolex doesn't permanently fix them and more and more of these break outside of warranty, they are going to face an epic class action lawsuit. The reputational hit would be immense.

I was a bit more sanguine about these issues because I was in the "Rolex will eventually make it right" camp, but even if they wanted to I don't know how they could. Seems like a mess.

But OTOH, considering our litigious society, it appears Rolex will have to make things right, whether voluntarily or by force. So that does give me slight pause about running out and selling my 32xx Rolexes. Kind of hard to figure out the right course of action TBH.

They certainly have quite a challenge on their hands when you think about the logistics of fixing- particularly as they’ll want to do so with as little noise as possible.

I have one of the new explorers, it’s about 18 months old. It started losing time dramatically in December’22 & went to the RSC for repair. I got it back about a month ago & I’m keeping a close eye on the accuracy.

All of this is intensely annoying as I absolutely love the explorer otherwise. I really don’t want to part with it so I guess I’ll have to put my trust into the fact that Rolex will fix eventually.

Last edited by Mountain; 20 March 2023 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: Extra
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote