View Single Post
Old 22 March 2023, 10:43 AM   #3682
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Why timegrapher measurements and all my graphs with 32xx data?

Because I am curious, every day, and do not want to stop learning.

The usefulness of the diagrams I have shown in posts #3652 and #3685, which contain measurement data for the so-called 32xx isochronism, may not be so obvious to some members.

If you look at the following three points in such a diagram, one can get a good picture of the health of a 32xx movement:

(1) The maximum value of the average amplitude (X-Amplitude), which is usually measured after a full winding. This value should be as high as possible.

(2) The slope "m" of the fitted curve for the data points. It should be as high as possible, which means that the caliber rates do not depend (strongly) on the caliber amplitude, which is called isochronism.

(3) The average rate (X-Rate) after full winding, which should be inside COSC or better in the -2/+2 sec/day range.

If you repeat this rather simple timegrapher measurements, only about 2-3 times per year, you can detect significant movement changes, e.g., a slow decrease in maximum amplitude (after full winding) after several months. This would allow any interested 32xx owner to perform a simple analysis of his 32xx watch.

The presented isochronism analysis does NOT solve the movement problem, it does NOT detect the root cause of the 32xx issues, it does NOT answer "when Rolex will have a permanent fix" ….

BUT it enables any watch owner to do a simple diagnostic. It is obvious how VERY useful a timegrapher can be, despite the so many negative posts against this instrument and against members who do care about accuracy (and precision) of their Rolex watches.
Thank you for your efforts with this. Very helpful.
Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote