View Single Post
Old 12 April 2018, 01:46 PM   #76
Canook
"TRF" Member

Watch: too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwingy View Post
I had a 116520 and sold it - I miss the fact that its worth a lot more now then when I sold it rather then the watch itself.
Agreed...Me too!! ive had 2 and in all honesty they do nothing for me... far too small on my wrist and with a white dial too hard to read in some light....

I respect them for what they are but as far as being the pinnacle... NO

Only a couple of years ago they were constantly called a womens watch due to the size....
Go back 10+ years ago and dealers couldnt move them with a massive discount and pawn shops only wanted subs,DJ & DD's

Only in the last 2+ years with all the hype and lack of supply has driven the "want" for them through the roof....

Pinnacle.. no

besides a grail is something of a personal taste not defined by what someone tells you should be.... and its shouldnt come down to $$$ what is your grail.... it should be what you like personally
Many guys grails are reasonably priced watches and not because they cant afford more expensive ones its just their personal choice
-16610LV KERMIT
-116600 SD4000....16612 Yachtmaster- 16710 PEPSI
-216570(polar)
-
-Yachtmaster II 116688 126300 Datejust 41 jubilee

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
Canook is offline   Reply With Quote